Thursday, March 01, 2007

Waiting

I seem to have spent all my life waiting,

preparing for what's in store.

Everything I do is 'in preparation for' something

But I'm not sure what I'm waiting for.

 

What is it I am trying to achieve,

For what purpose am I storing away,

And why am I working so hard to learn all I can,

Why am I where I am today?

 

Is where I am where I should be,

Does my life start right now or later?

Am I in place to do 'my thing' for God?

Or is there something far greater?

 

Should I assume that I am where I am,

Putting my all into living this day?

Or should I keep checking that there's not something else?

Does God's plan show a different way?

 

Will I ever stop waiting for the next big thing?

Does this method need correcting?

Am I dissatisfied because there is more,

Or because I am used to expecting?

 

If I choose to ignore the nagging inside

Am I blocking the voice of the Lord?

Or am I teaching myself to live for today

Because its my habit to want more?



Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! Try it!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Me again (!), personally, I'm waiting for the next big thing, I feel like I'm in the waiting room and keep waiting for the call.

I think 'when this happens....' 'when that happens....' then, then??

Then what?

Unknown said...

Totally! That is precisely what I was trying to say with the poem but never quite managed it. I worry that I a always going to be waiting for the next big thing. Then something will come along and I'll think, 'This is it, this is what I have been waiting for. Now my life can really begin', but then whan it happens, I will get used to doing that and start waiting for something else again. What's worse, is that I don't know whether that's how its supposed to be, or whether that is an attitude I should be trying to change!

Might blog about it!